Nowadays, there are lots of Business Analyst and Quality Assurance training centers decide to combine these two analyst courses become the special one. On the others hands, many people think it is not necessary to do that because Quality Analyst is the independent job and they can work without holding Business Analyst degree. It is right as the BA & QA perspective, and it is not completely right if we look at it as a director and a business owner and economy perspective, I think you will see clearly the reasons why many BA training courses decided to combined Quality Analyst and Business Analyst training course.
To make it clear, I will show you some main reasons as well as I also advise you should join if you have worked as a BA for many years and want to expand your career.
Firstly, let I talk about this. As you know the average salary of Business Analyst is really high approximately $65,000 per year, and Quality Analyst’ salary is also high with around $55,000 per year. This shows us that the company has to pay more than $110,000 in recruiting both positions. However, the organization will pay less than $100,000 per year for experienced Business Analyst who also has Quality Assurance certification. Therefore, lots of companies are hunting an analyst who has both certifications in order to reduce the payment and bring better results in the projects.
Now, let I talk deeply about why BA and QA is the two separate jobs, but many BA professors advice experienced BA and QA should take combined BA and QA training course.
Based on BABOK V2.0 (Business Analyst Body Of Knowledge), the main Business Analyst’s responsibility is managing and working with the stakeholders to find and determine the solutions in order to reach the business requirement and bring the success to the project. However, Quality Analyst’s responsibility is ensuring the quality of every product. It can be simply understood as the systematic process to identify the products or services reach the requirements or not.
Yes, it clearly shows to us these are the two separate fields, but when Business Analyst has the knowledge and Quality Analyst’s skills as well as QA has Business Analyst’ skills and knowledge, these are the results:
- The problems and bugs will be caught at the early stage.
- Reducing the amount of time and fixing cost.
- Ensure the products and services meet the customers’ demand and reach a business objective.
- Eliminate traditional Quality Analyst responsibility – QA can be involved at the beginning of the project (known as BQA – Business/Quality Analyst).
As I mentioned about the economic benefits for the business, as the experienced employee with both QA and BA certifications, you will also gain yourself a huge chance to be hunted and be paid with the higher salary than any Business Analysts or Quality Analysts. Do you know the salary of experienced Business Analyst Deloitte is annually more than $85,000? It means that if you work for any large companies with both certifications, you will gain more than $95,000 – $100,000 per year.
However, you must know thatthese two are the important positions in the organization, and when you take both at the same time; it means you take more responsibilities. Therefore, I suggest and advice you only take these two positions when you are the skilled Business Analyst or Quality Analysts and have been involved in QA or BA tasks and projects for several times.
If you have read all above information, I think you know the role of BQA (Business/Quality Analyst) is more important than BA and QA, and it helps to eliminate the traditional role of QA which only involves at the final stage of a project. As the BQA, you can be involved at the first stage of the project. You will not only be responsible for leading software testing, your works also require the high degree of critical thinking and deliberate approach in order to develop effectively and fully the products and services.
Now, let I illustrate the main tasks of BQA in an organization.
- Develop the quality strategy of a project. Business/Quality Analyst will work with the product owner in order to understand the project’s requirement and formulate the suitable strategies to ensure the quality of products or services.
- Monitor the quality strategy. During the project, as a BQA, you will be the person who monitors all the quality project, check manufacturing process and fix the process if it occurs any problems. One of the advances when the company has BQA is that they can find the issue in the early and can find the right solutions to the root causes.
- Help the developer test the software. This is another advanced point of BQA. As you know the main role of developers are catching and fixing immediately the bugs without the unnecessary communication and context-switching. However, all the projects are different and the developers must be involved in order to make the work fluently and prevent the problems. In this situation, the role of BQA is becoming very essential because they will be the people who manage the projects and help the developer test the software.
- Provide feedback on usability. Besides helping the developer, Business/Quality Analyst can identify usability challenges as well as finding the possible solutions to improve the system and process.
- Write automation test. Depending on the company requirement, BQA can take the responsibility to write the automation test in order to reduce the needs for manual testing.
These are the reasons why lots of Business Analyst and Quality Assurance training centers offer to the students a combined QA&BA course. You can keep in your mind that Business Analyst and Quality Assurance are different, but you cannot deny the benefits that it brings to the business and our self. I am professional Business Analyst with Quality Assurance certification now, and I work with interesting works and my salary is much higher than the provided information.
- Meta Tag: