As you know Business Analyst job scope is infinite; there are so many tasks that the Business Analysts can be involved, such as project managers, soft testers, strategic analysts, and so on. In IT companies, Business Analysts are the very important position, they can be known as the bridge to link human and IT solutions together. Most business experts believe that this is one of the most important positions in the companies, and they are willing to pay the high salary for hiring Business Analyst professionals in order to grow up their businesses.
This is the top four main works of BA in every organization.
- Collecting or gathering all the data and analyzing it. For example, market research and survey, sale data or revenues. Then, converting and analyzing the data in order to find the problem and suitable solutions for the business.
- Notifying the managers or directors about the details of analyzed data; then, create the meeting in order to find the solutions or methods to develop the business.
- After reporting the data and gathering the meeting, Business Analyst will be the one who gives the solutions or methods to the managers or directors in order to solve the current issues.
- Finally, after fully identify the problems, BA and the team will implement the solutions (mostly IT solutions). BA will be the person who oversees the steps in order to make sure the implementation is on the right track.
Because of the job requirements, it is not easy for the fresh graduates and any employees become a skilled Business Analyst. In order to become a real Business Analyst and hired, you must have these 8 qualifications and skill sets:
- Writing and verbal communicating fluently
- Basic knowledge of the engineering system’s concept
- Analyzing skills to analyze the documents and data
- Domain knowledge. It helps the Business Analyst can handle many works
- Leadership. To manage the stakeholders and the staffs. Lead the staffs in the projects
- The wide knowledge about IT software as well as the latest the modeling methods and techniques
- MS office and Presentation. BA works will relate to documents and presentation, so this skill allows for BA can analyze, do and create the presentation easily and effectively.
- Experiences and qualifications. Because this is an important position, so if you have many qualifications and many years’ experiences, there will be a huge chance for you to have a job in the top company.
With some people, Business Analyst might be the difficult job; however, if you love the Business Analyst industry, it is not only the huge chance for you to have a stable career with the high salary; it will also be the great opportunity for you to expand your career.
Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that American companies or American employers will need approximately 876,000 Business Analysts professionals for their businesses by 2020. Moreover, Information and Communication Technology Council, 2011 also stated that there will be 171,000 needed Business Analysts professionals in Canada.
Base on the information in Glassdoor.com, the average salary of the BA is around $50,000 per year. However, this is just the basic salary of a BA. If you work for many years, you salary will be much higher. In fact, the salary of the experienced Business Analyst is higher around $60,000 – $80,000, and you can check it on Glassdoor.com or some recruitment website. Especially, the salary that Google or Deloitte pays for their Business Analyst is an extremely high – more than $100,000 per year.
Moreover, according to some recruitment websites, there are the huge needed numbers in BA in their sites:
- Indeed: 6522 needed Business Analysts
- Dice: 3545 needed Business Analysts
- LinkedIn: 6900 needed Business Analysts
- SimplyHired: 12078 needed Business Analysts
Although there is the huge demand for BA recruitment since the companies are lacking skilled BA, the organizations only recruit the Business Analysts who reach the basic requirements. Therefore, if you want to become a real BA and have the job immediately after the graduation, it is quite impossible because of its strict requirements. In order to make it easier and effective, we should join many best Business Analyst training programs. Most of BA training courses are taught and the students are directed by the real BA experts, so you will have the huge chance to interact and learn from their real experiences which take you many years to know and earn.
Check this site for more needed information about BA: http://quickenitcareer.com/business-analyst/